Markel Corporation is a well-established American holding company specializing in insurance, reinsurance, and investment services, known for its focus on specialty markets and a long-term investment approach. Markel Corporation is headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia, United States.
How to use Business Intelligence from Markel
BoldData can deliver 50+ different data fields from Markel. From company name to address, revenue, contact data, email data, industry, employees, legal form and founding year. Start your research or sales and marketing campaign to Markel or any other industry with our company database of all 310 million companies worldwide in 2,000 industries. The main data sources of our company database are Chamber of Commerces, Financial Reports, Statistics Offices and other public sources in 200+ countries. Ask a quote via the contact form and buy your custom-made list today!
Markel Key financial highlights:
- Revenue: Markel’s revenue is primarily influenced by its underwriting and investment activities in the insurance and reinsurance sectors, as well as the performance of its investment portfolio and the premiums it collects from policyholders, it has reported 12.84 billion U.S. dollars in revenue.
- Profit: One of the biggest challenges for Markel to stay profitable is effectively managing underwriting risk and investment portfolio performance in a dynamic and competitive insurance industry. Markel has historically maintained a considerable net income of 2.47 billion U.S. dollars.
- Markel’s assets include a diverse portfolio of insurance and reinsurance businesses, a substantial investment portfolio, real estate holdings, intellectual property, and a skilled workforce, all contributing to its operations and long-term investment approach. Markel has reported 39.36 billion U.S. dollars in assets.
- Markel’s market value in the insurance market is determined by the total market capitalization of its publicly traded shares, influenced by factors such as its financial performance, underwriting profitability, investment returns, and investor sentiment related to the insurance industry. Markel current market value is 19.89 billion U.S. dollars.
Financial data from Markel or other companies is available in Excel, Bulk Dataset or API and can be tailored to your needs by our data experts. Ask a quote via the contact form and buy your custom-made list today!
Number of companies owned by Markel
Markel has 384 subsidiaries in 13 countries. The majority of companies that are owned by Markel are based in United States of America (323 companies). Second is United Kingdom with 33 companies in Markel’s control (9%). Markel also owns many companies in Bermuda : 8. These three countries combined are home to 95% of all companies that are owned by Markel.
Company information with group structure from Markel or all 300 million companies worldwide is available in Excel, Bulk Dataset or API and can be tailored to your needs by our data experts. Ask a quote via the contact form and buy your custom-made list today!
Top 50 companies owned by Markel
- Markel Group Inc. Glen Allen USA
- Costa Farms LLC Miami USA
- VSC Fire & Security Inc. Ashland USA
- Markel International Holdings (delaware) Limited Glen Allen USA
- Metromont LLC Greenville USA
- Markel North America Inc. Glen Allen USA
- Alterra Specialty Insurance Services Limited Richmond USA
- Lansing Building Products LLC Richmond USA
- Aspen Holdings Inc. Omaha USA
- Virginia Sprinkler Company Inc. Ashland USA
- Markel Ventures Inc. Glen Allen USA
- Costa Layman LLC Trenton USA
- State National Companies Inc. Bedford USA
- Markel Midwest Rosemont USA
- Essex Insurance Company Glen Allen USA
- Shockey Bros. Inc. Winchester USA
- Buckner Heavylift Cranes LLC Graham USA
- Brahmin Leather Works LLC Fairhaven USA
- Markel Shand Inc. Rosemont USA
- Markel Service Incorporated Glen Allen USA
- Markel Holdings GmbH München Germany
- Arkansas Automatic Sprinklers Inc. Cabot USA
- Panel Specialists Inc. Temple USA
- Ellicott Dredge Technologies LLC New Richmond USA
- AMF Bakery Systems EMEA-AP B.V. Gorkum Netherlands
- Eagle Construction of Va. LLC Henrico USA
- Reading Bakery Systems Inc. Robesonia USA
- Markel RE Glen Allen USA
- Deleon’s Management Inc. Goulds USA
- Thompson Insurance Enterprises Inc. Glen Allen USA
- Partnermd LLC Richmond USA
- Metromont Specialty Products LLC Greenville USA
- Markel Surety Corporation Houston USA
- Shockey Management Company Winchester USA
- NEPHILA SYNDICATE MANAGEMENT LIMITED Moorgate UnitedKingdom
- Markel Bermuda Limited Hamilton Bermuda
- Markel Canada Limited Toronto Canada
- Nephila Capital Ltd. Hamilton Bermuda
- Virginia Sprinkler Company Inspection Services Inc. Ashland USA
- Markel Global Reinsurance Company Summit USA
- Underwriting Management Inc Glen Allen USA
- ALTERRA CAPITAL UK LIMITED Moorgate UnitedKingdom
- Texas Trailer Corporation Gainesville USA
- Gryphon Homes Inc Jamaica USA
- Suretec Insurance Company Houston USA
- Markel Food Group Inc. Richmond USA
- Costa Delray LLC Venus USA
- MARKEL INTERNATIONAL SINGAPORE PTE. LIMITED Singapore Singapore
- Max Capital Services USA LLC Richmond USA
- MARKEL INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LIMITED Moorgate UnitedKingdom
Buy information from all companies owned by Markel
Markel’s company information is available in Excel and contains company name, postal address, revenue, number employees, contact information, email address, phone number, website, social media link, founding year, activity, sector and many other data fields. This database of companies owned by Markel is therefore suitable for all purposes: from direct marketing to analysis or market research. Do you want to target competitors of Markel? BoldData can deliver company information from all 300 million companies worldwide in 2,000 industries. All our company data is verified continuously by automated processes and human eyes.
Outsmart your competition with our comprehensive company data. Delivered in a custom-made Excel sheet, bulk dataset or API. Simply ask us for a quote via the contact form.