Yes. We take privacy extremely seriously. Being in the business we’re in, we are very serious about privacy and trust. Our data complies with applicable Data Protection Laws. And we carry the DDMA Privacy Guarantee. And are being audited for security checks on a yearly basis.
All our data is locally sourced and therefore of the highest value and compliant with local telecommunication acts. Moreover we’re a sparring partner who truly understands international data and its’ local dynamics, laws and challenges. Our privacy officers have summerized the legal situation in USA below:
The federal Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM), enacted in 2003, prohibits sending commercial electronic messages (CEMs). Unless they comply with the following requirements.
- Make the commercial nature of your email clear for the recipient (unless prior consent is obtained),
- Your email must have an accurate header,
- The subject line has to be relevant to the offer in the body of the message, and
- A label shall indicate adult content.
- State a valid physical address of yours, and
- Provide a cancellation option that is processed within 10 days.
One thing that separates the CAN-SPAM act from similar legislation in the EU, Canada or Australia, is its opt-out approach.
You are free to contact individuals or businesses without prior consent. As long as you abide by above-mentioned requirements and don’t use unlawful means to collect email addresses. An example for unlawful means is using an automated email generator.
Finally, be careful with who you hire to handle your email marketing. The responsibility is shared by the company that sends the messages and the one whose product is promoted. In case of breaching the law, fines can go up to USD 16 000 per violation per individual email.